Saturday, March 23, 2013

The tulips are coming!


This has been a particularly crazy week. The beginning of it seems like forever ago, but back in those precious hours I was performing the ridiculous task of writing my advance directives for my ethics class. Such heavy thoughts and concerns for such a busy week. And let me say, all I could think about was the fact that they waited to give this assignment to us in the LAST semester of classroom pharmacy school... I fear that maybe they are secretly plotting to kill us all off before we ever make it to graduation...and they are just planning ahead. How kind of them to have us all have the wishes for our lives in case of tragedy written on paper... Why else would there be the need to create such heavy documents in the middle of so much required study and busy work? Is that really just a coincidence? Probably not...

Anywho, with that being said. All I really want to say this week is that I'm alive. And well. And blessed in hundreds of ways each day. Little things have made me smile this week even when it seemed that somehow I had fallen off the train of life and despite my best efforts couldn't make it slow down so I could jump back on board.

Like for instance: my tulips have sprouted up!!! I came home one day late last fall to the horror of Chuck, my landlord's handyman, plowing up my precious little garden. It was a small tragedy. But those flowers are resilient and they're coming back. Maybe life stirred them up a bit and maybe the air's been ridiculously frozen. Maybre they've had to push themselves up through snow and maybe they're not in perfect rows anymore, but they've sprouted. They are fighting and I'm so excited about this! :)

And if the plowed-up flowers can fight through trials, so can I, and so can you.

"Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" Matt 6:30

SUNDAY ALWAYS COMES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment