Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Greatest Story Ever Told

There was a time when life seemed rough,
when day after day was packed with stuff.
Trials and tests seemed to crowd my way,
and the burdents grew with each passing day.
Crushed by their weight, I felt so small.
It was only a matter of time until I would fall.
 
I fell once and then again and again,
I had lost my way, though I knew not when.
Tired and weary and blinded by worry
I had lost all direction in the midst of life's hurry.
 
My pain and confusion melted me to tears,
My soul was entrapped by so many fears.
Just when I had decided I would never know my way,
a still small voice whispered, "Did you think to pray?"
 
 
 
Peace filled my heart and I sunk to my knees
pleading, "Heavenly Father, take these struggles, please."
My tears ceased to fall and I felt Him near,
"My child," He said, "There is much you need to hear."
 
"I've seen you struggle and watched you fall,
and all the while I've been awaiting your call.
For I formed you and placed you here to grow,
Cast your burdens at my feet; these things please know:
 
I sent My son to bear your pain.
With faith in Him you can dance in the rain.
He wasmocked and rejected and slain for you,
No greater love is there to see you through.
He paid justice so that in My mercy you may rest;
Hold on thy way and finish the test.
 
 
 
Arise My child and of your burdens be free,
For my son has said, 'Cast them on Me.'
Together we can walk if you only believe;
I love you perfectly and could never leave.
So when you feel heavy and burdened, please don't fold,
Live you life as the greatest story of faith ever told."

1 comment:

  1. I love this Kelly! I had a similar experience last night where I felt the prompting to cast the burdens at the Saviors feet. Thanks for sharing and this is beautiful.
    xo

    ReplyDelete