Sunday, July 28, 2013

PIctures Worth a Thousand Words




Two weeks into my Alaska experience, I still think I'm dreaming every time I go exploring. I paddled through ocean waters that literally sparkled so tangebly in the sun today that I felt if I reached down into the freezing waters I would be able to pull back a handful of diamonds...


...This after hiking through a forest of dancing wildflowers and breathtaking mountain views last night....


What words could even begin to possibly describe this scene?!
The beauty is just too impossible for cameras. My camera could never capture the feeling that is present in standing humbly in so many places that are so perfectly beautiful that I feel unworthy to stand as an imposter in their scenes. My camera doesn't capture the bald eagles majestically circling above us or the sounds of the ocean waves capping around us as we paddle down the glistening water between moutain and glacier cliffs that I sheepishly imagine I can actually photograph. I've been standing in these scenes with complete childlike wonder. so humbled and so in love. And so in awe of our Heavenly Father's creations and of his love for us. I have so, so very much to say, but words fail me. So I'm going to let pictures tell you only pieces of a remarkable story....







Top Left: A real live glacier as seen from a tiny tour boat. Top right: The place that made me believe that those crazy gorgeous puzzle box top photos are actually real places. Top middle: Paddling while operating the foot pedals for direction in steering turned out to be quite the challenging task... I'm not exactly ntaturally gifted in the area of being super coordinated... :)
Top: Doll Sheep. Traffic actually backed up on the highway for crazy tourists to snap pictures of them. I did the unclassy thing and rolled down my window as my friend kept driving slowly by...

Below: God just saying hello....
 
 
 
As if the beauty itself weren't enough to make my mind spin with awe, I met an entire bus of Nebraska people - 53 of them!! My California pharmacy student friend absolutely thought I was crazy for my ridiculous excitment over this fact, but how fun?! These people liked my enthusiam so much that they agreed to take a picture with me. Nebraskans = kindred spirits. :)
As promised, a photo of my little black bear friend from last weekend. Look how class he looks - nose up and everything!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment